Residents looking for a new or better job can access several resources. The services below are open to all public housing residents; those with an asterisk (*) are also available to HCV residents. In addition, anyone seeking employment at CHA should click on our Work at CHA page.

For public housing residents:

  • FamilyWorks employment services – FamilyWorks is the foundation for CHA’s employment support services.  Case managers provide wrap-around services and referrals to the programs available in Chicago’s social services network, and specialized employment staff are responsible for conducting job preparation training (soft skills), direct placement, employment retention and referrals to other services, including job training and education.   
  • To locate your FamilyWorks provider, please call the FamilyWorks hotline at 312.935.2625.

For all CHA residents (public housing and HCV):

  • Transitional Jobs and On-the-Job Training – these programs offer paid training work experience with the goal of transitioning to permanent, unsubsidized jobs.  Residents who are interested should call 312.786.3210. 
  • City Colleges of Chicago – CCC offers job training and education programs, which CHA residents can access at no cost after financial aid. 

For all job seekers in Chicago: