About the FIC
The Charles A. Hayes Family Investment Center, named for Chicago's late Congressman Charles A. Hayes of Illinois' First Congressional District, is supported through CHA's collaborative efforts and is located at 4859 S. Wabash Avenue in Chicago's historic Bronzeville community. The air conditioned and ADA accessible public facility houses:
- Event space for galas, training sessions, private meetings, wedding receptions and etc.
- Family support and early childhood education services
- A kitchen to aid delivery of catering services
- A quarterly magazine covering topics on public housing
- Several offices and spacious meeting rooms
- Secure off-street parking facilities
- Computer training
When public housing residents access the services and programs offered through the Chicago Housing Authority Charles A. Hayes Family Investment Center's partnering agencies, it helps to strengthen public housing residents' capacity for economic self-sufficiency and adds to community stabilization.
Bronzeville's Charles A. Hayes Family Investment Center is a hidden gem to some but for many it has been a valuable entity to the community for decades. The staff prides itself on keeping the center sparkling and modern.
Come be a part of the exciting changes taking place and visit the Charles A. Hayes Family Investment Center today.