The goal of the Job Order Contracting program (“JOC program”) is to foster a partnering atmosphere by increasing Section 3 Business Concern participation and providing the opportunity to perform increasingly complex and higher valued projects. Contractors are expected to consistently perform at a high level of performance quality on all assigned projects. The evaluation criteria used to rate the Contractor’s performance is established by the CHA and The Gordian Group, Inc. (“Gordian”). In an effort to assist the Contractors to succeed and move up within the JOC program, the JOC program includes a mentoring element during the procurement of Job Orders where the CHA’s designated representative, Gordian, will work directly with the individual Contractors at no cost to the Contractor. Gordian will review the Detailed Scope of Work with the Contractor and assist the Contractor in preparing Job Order Proposals with eGordian® management software designed specifically for Job Order Contracting programs. Gordian will work directly with the Contractor’s Project Manager(s) to prepare the necessary documentation that is to be submitted with the Job Order Proposal.
Within each trade and project tier, Contract(s) were awarded to qualified and certified Section 3 contracting firms. Trades and Tier Structure are as follows:
- General Construction Contractors
- Mechanical Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Interior Improvement Contractors
- Fire Suppression and Life Safety Contractors
Tier 1 will be for contractors who are qualified to perform the work and wish to do work of projects valued up to $2,500.
Tier 2 will be for contractors who are qualified to perform the work and wish to do work of projects valued over $2,500 to $10,000.
Tier 3 will be for contractors who are qualified to perform the work and wish to do work of projects valued over $10,000 to $25,000.
Tier 4 will be for contractors who are qualified to perform the work and wish to do work of projects valued over $25,000 to $50,000.
Tier 5 will be for contractors who are qualified to perform the work and wish to do work of projects valued over $50,000 to $100,000.
Tier 6 will be for contractors who are qualified to perform the work and wish to do work of projects valued over $100,000 to $250,000
As projects are identified, the Contractor assigned the project on a rotational basis jointly scopes the work with the CHA. The CHA will prepare a Detailed Scope of Work and issue a Request for Job Order Proposal to the Contractor. The Contractor prepares a Job Order Proposal for the Project including a Job Order Price Proposal, drawings and sketches, a list of subcontractors and materialmen, construction schedule, and other requested documentation. The Job Order Price equals the value of the approved Job Order Price Proposal. The value of the Job Order Price Proposal is calculated by summing the total of the calculation for each Pre-Priced Task (Unit Price x Quantity x Adjustment Factor) plus the value of all Non Pre-Priced Tasks.
If the Job Order Proposal is found to be complete and reasonable, a Job Order is issued. A Job Order references the Detailed Scope of Work and sets forth the Job Order Completion Time, and the Job Order Price. The Job Order Price shall be a lump sum, fixed price for the completion of the Detailed Scope of Work. A separate Job Order is issued for each Project. Extra work, credits, and deletions are contained in a Supplemental Job Order.
Job Order Contracting Master Agreement
- Contract No. 11793 – Crea Construction, Inc.
- Contract No. 11794 – G & V Electrical Contractors, Inc.
- Contract No. 11795 – Global Express Services, LLC
- Contract No. 11830 – Griggs Mitchell and Alma Construction Group
- Contract No. 11797 – Iron Horse Construction Services, Inc.
- Contract No. 11798 – Karry L Young Development, LLC
- Contract No. 11799 – Koal Enterprises, Inc.
- Contract No. 11835 - Marsolino’s Carpentry
- Contract No. 11802 - Maxwell Services, Inc.
- Contract No. 11805 - O.A.K.K. Construction Co., Inc.
- Contract No. 11823 - Parks and Bell Cleaning Company
- Contract No. 11806 - Pest Pro’s Unlimited, LLC
- Contract No. 11832 - Shawn Pea Enterprises, Inc. D/B/A & PKP Remodeling and Construction Services
- Contract No. 11807 - PMJ Enterprises, Inc.
- Contract No. 11808 - Ryan’s Cleaning Services, Inc.
- Contract No. 11812 - Star & Crest Decorating, Inc.
- Contract No. 11831 - Think Genius, LLC D/B/A & A Stroke of Genius, LLC
- Contract No. 11838 - Tiles in Style, LLC
- Contract No. 11826 - Trevor Development, Inc.
- Contract No. 11815 - World Class Fire Protection
- Contract No. 11829 - Construction Contracting Services, Inc.
- Contract No. 11817 - Create One Earth Builders
- Contract No. 11809 - S & A Cleaning, Inc.
- Bill Welder & Fabrication, LLC. / Contract # 11816
- Scootee Contractor / Contract # 11825
- Okimat / Safeway JV / Contract # 11836
- Marfox Construction / Contract # 11802
- TRI-MIA Corporation / Contract # 11814
- J & G Property Preservation / Contract # 11819
- Aseret Development Series, LLC. / Contract # 11788