Wentworth Gardens38th Street and Princeton Avenue
Bronzeville/Fuller Park development has 344 rehabbed units
Find staff at this property
Find images of this property
Commissioned in 1945, Wentworth Gardens was the last project built to house war-industry workers during the Second World War. Designed by Loebl & Schlossman, construction of this four-square-block development required the demolition of 20 structures, including the baseball park where the White Sox played until 1910. Today, the Sox are a neighbor of the completely rehabbed Wentworth Gardens, which is just a few blocks away from U.S. Cellular Field. Updates include new kitchens, bathrooms and landscaping improvements.
Only residents who were living in CHA developments as of October 1, 1999, and have remained lease-compliant are eligible to live at this property. The CHA is currently not accepting new applicants at any of its family properties. Eligible CHA relocatees should contact their relocation manager for more information.