Senior AdvisorGrade: 65
Position Number: ZAVD-DEV735
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This position is responsible for the daily activities and projects initiated by the Chief Development Officer and/or designee. These projects/activities may include project design, implementation of departmental re-structuring, prioritizing work assignments, information flow, and communicating the strategies and objectives of the Chief and/or designee.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Examples of responsibilities of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates projects including the implementation with other departments and/or partners.
- Ability to assist the Chief and/or designee in reviewing budgets, contracts and other related materials and facilitates a response for review.
- Responsible for preparing management reports, providing direction and interpretation of policies and procedures in compliance with CHA and HUD regulations/policies.
- Ability to establish priorities, exercise objective judgment, discretion and initiative to ensure appropriate business methods.
- Reviews contracts for appropriateness and completeness.
- Identifies, evaluate, and resolves work related problems to facilitate communication and improve operating procedures and productivity of the department.
- Implements necessary follow-up on assignments and alerts the Chief and/or designee to potential challenges, and/or delays.
- Ability to act as a liaison for the department with private and public service providers, contractors and businesses.
- Organizes and documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Assist with the coordination of administration and operational activities of the initiative assigned.
- Assess department’s performance in meeting goals, objectives, strategies and outcomes to support the work requirements of the initiative
- Responsible to obtain, compare and evaluate information received per established guidelines and standards in order to implement appropriate recommendations.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Social Services or Public Policy, Master’s Degree preferred, and a minimum of seven years progressive responsible experience in the specific area required, or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
This position requires considerable knowledge in the area of analysis, program design, problem solving, personnel management, as well as superior communication, analytical, problem solving, planning, organization, reasoning, and inter-personal skills. The incumbent must be self-directed, motivated, and able to work independently on complex and crucial projects. This position also requires expertise in CHA/ HUD rules, regulations, and policies as well as federal, state, and local housing laws.
This position requires effective verbal, written, and inter-personal skills to work with a diverse staff of managerial and professional staff employees to coordinate the completion of assignments and communicate data gathered. The incumbent must be able to exercise objective judgment, discretion, maintain confidentiality, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.