Quality Control HUD File ReviewerGrade: 60
Position Number: QCFR – OCCS912
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Quality Control File Reviewer is responsible for reviewing electronic file data for program and policy compliance, performing independent calculations of income and rents and comparing to vendor calculations, maintaining logs of review results and communicating results to the HCV Quality Control Director. Reports to the Manager of Program Integrity.
SUMMARY OF ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain full understanding of program requirements, procedures, goals, as well as HUD and internally established measurement systems, including satisfactory performance thresholds
- Perform quality control reviews of file contents and calculations to ensure compliance with HUD requirements and avoid HUD/OIG audit findings
- Perform other HCV Quality Control Program functions, including financial and HUD report submissions, as requested.
- Policy and practice match
- Subsidy standards applied correctly
- Payment standard applied correctly
- Utility allowance applied correctly
- Income/HAP calculation
- 50058 complete and accurate
- Adequate QC in place for file reviews prior to processing and after processing; quality control error report documentation and follow-up
- Proper verification in file
This position requires a minimum of two years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. Experience in conducting audits and/or reviews preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Requires effective problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will display enthusiasm for undertaking challenges, a professional and respectful demeanor, strong Excel skills and the ability to establish and meet critical goals.
Within six (6) months, the incumbent will be required to pass certification examinations at an 85% or higher level