Senior User Interface (UI) Designer (Temporary)
Position Number: SRUI-FIN840
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Senior UI Designer must be able to design and enhance system solutions using best practice standards and guidelines. The individual must possess comprehensive knowledge of user interface design and experience with information architecture concepts, content management processes, and site navigation strategies.
Note: This temporary position is for period not to exceed six (6) months.
Summary of Primary Accountabilities:Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engineer requirements to derive detailed design specifications and feasibility prototypes for applications (i.e., SharePoint sites).
- Provide expert guidance for creating visually appealing internal intranet and public facing web sites.
- Create detailed UI design wireframes that communicate interaction behaviors and utilize usability best practices.
- Create and execute test plans to ensure quality and adherence to proper design standards.
- Assist in organizing system documentation and training materials to ensure thorough knowledge transfer.
- Interface with project teams and contribute in a fast paced, integrated team environment.
- Senior level design experience / expertise in web portal design, including elements such as page layouts, workflows, web parts, reports, etc.
- Proficiency in design/development tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, MS Expression, etc.)
- Understanding of SharePoint capabilities, including navigation and design patterns used to present collaboration and other services used within the SharePoint platform.
- Strong working knowledge of master pages, themes, page layouts, and CSS/XSLT in SharePoint preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with AJAX, jQuery, and XSLT a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of content types, site columns, and list templates in SharePoint preferred.
- Familiarity with SQL, ASP.Net and C# preferred.