Judge Green Apartments
Judge Green Apartments is a high-rise Senior building in the Oakland community.
Judge W. E. Green, the building’s namesake, worked as a staff attorney in the Cook County public defender’s office and as a Civil Service Commissioner from 1935-1942. He was called one of the most brilliant criminal lawyers in Chicago and was the first black circuit court judge elected in Cook County in 1942. The building features 154 studio and one bedroom apartments.