Lawndale Gardens

BriefDescription

Opened in December of 1942, Lawndale Gardens was the CHA's first experiment with small-scale public housing, establishing the two-story rowhouse structure prevalent in many of the traditional public housing developments still standing. By the end of 2008, a total of 123 units at this 6.5-acre development will be completely renovated with upgraded kitchen cabinets, new appliances, bathroom fixtures and air conditioning systems.


Area map