Roosevelt Square includes approximately 35 city blocks on the city's Near West Side at the site of the former ABLA Homes.
When completed, the Roosevelt Square community will consist of 2441 units of new rental and for-sale housing. Construction on Roosevelt Square began in 2004, and will be completed over several phases.
Roosevelt Square was recently awarded a Chicago Neighborhood Development Award for 2007 Outstanding For-Profit Neighborhood Real Estate Project.
Currently under construction, Phase II is located along Roosevelt Road between Racine and Loomis Streets. Phase II consists of:
- 185 new CHA and affordable rental units
- 247 affordable and market-rate condominiums and townhomes.
- A new park located at Taylor & Lytle
- New retail at Roosevelt & Racine
Roosevelt Square Phase I was completed in 2006, and is located along Racine, from Taylor Street to 13th Street. Phase I consists of:
- 181 new CHA and affordable rental units
- 233 affordable and market-rate condominiums and townhomes.
- 15,000 square feet of new retail on Taylor Street