CHA is much more than bricks and mortar. It's also about supporting families as they strive for self-sufficiency, and a central goal of Plan Forward is to expand services to more residents, targeted to their needs, and at critical milestones in their lives. CHA’s Resident Services Division works with a broad range of partners and contractors to provide services in a range of ways, centered on four overarching goals:
The FamilyWorks model is the cornerstone of CHA’s services for family public housing and Housing Choice Voucher participants. FamilyWorks provides both direct services and referrals, supports residents looking to find new or better employment, advance their education, find programs for their children, or get help in a variety of other areas. Click on the map to find your case management provider.
Current FamilyWorks providers are:
- Beacon Therapeutic: (773) 359-4561
- Catholic Charities: (773) 409-4754
- Centers for New Horizons: (773) 538-2388
- Employment & Employer Services: (773) 276-3670
- Heartland Human Care Services: (773) 358-3838
- Holsten Human Capital Development: (312) 274-9123
- Metropolitan Family Services: (773) 371-3600
- Near West Side CDC: (312) 633-9217
- UCAN: (773) 276-3670
Click here to download a map and contact information.
To learn more about FamilyWorks, click here, call the FamilyWorks hotline at (312) 935-2625, or email us at: email@example.com.
In CHA’s senior buildings, Resident Service Coordinators (RSCs) provide assessment/referral services, assistance in applying for benefits and also plan social, health/wellness and educational activities. Click here to learn more about services offered to seniors.