SENIOR SERVICES - For current CHA residents:

Resident Services offers a range of services and programs for seniors living in senior-designated housing and seniors living in family, mixed income and scattered sites developments.  Services are designed to enhance seniors’ quality of life.  Resident Service Coordinators provide assessment/referral services, assistance in applying for benefits and also plan social, health/wellness and educational activities.  For more information contact your building or development’s Resident Service Coordinator. 

For general information about Senior Services please call Evelyn Almeida, Senior Services Coordinator at 312-786-4054. 

For those seniors seeking housing through CHA:

Please click here for information on housing for seniors or contact CHA’s Occupancy Department at (312) 913-7266.

Victim Assistance

CHA Victim Assistance staff assists residents living in public housing who are victims of non-random violent crimes occurring on CHA property or individuals who are impacted by a traumatic event.

The Victim Assistance department provides services including advocacy, crisis response and relocation services for those who qualify.  For more information, call the Victim Assistance hotline at 312.913.7396.

Office of the Ombudsman

CHA established the Office of the Ombudsman to address the concerns of public housing residents in mixed-income communities.  The Ombudsman serves as a liaison between residents and CHA leadership, while providing a forum for residents to learn about what each mixed-income community offers. Click here to learn more.

Counseling Services

See FamilyWorks services.

Former CHA residents with a Right to Return to CHA

Former CHA residents with a Right to Return to CHA can call 312.786.3104 or click here for more information about satisfying that right.  This is not an opportunity for new applicants to apply for housing.