Partners in Education PLUS maximizes academic, professional, and financial support for CHA residents to attend City Colleges of Chicago and complete their Associates degree.
GET THE BENEFITS OF BOTH
EARN YOUR DEGREE WITH NO DEBT, PLUS A STIPEND
- CHA’s Partners in Education program applies financial aid first, but any unmet costs for tuition, books and fees are covered by our program. Students without Financial Aid (such as those with SAP holds) are are encouraged to attend an info session and can receive program support through an appeal.
- OMD offers performance-based stipends and enrichment grants which total up to $1,250 per year for meeting program requirements including regular communication with their Program Coordinator and Professional Coach and attending monthly Saturday Scholar Development Sessions (9am-12pm) on campus.
NOW IS YOUR TIME
Partners in Education PLUS is accepting students for the Fall 2020 cohort.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a current Chicago Housing Authority resident or voucher recipient
- Must be enrolled at City Colleges of Chicago for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
- Students can be enrolled at part or full-time status, however, must be on track to complete or transfer within three years.
- No previous Associate Degree or higher
- 2.0 GPA recommended*
*Students below a 2.0 GPA will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
JOIN THE PROGRAM
- ATTEND A PARTNERS IN EDUCATION INFO SESSION – Students must attend a Partners in Education WEBINAR info session and complete http://bit.ly/OMDinterest
- COMPLETE OMD INTAKE MEETING- CHA will inform those who meet eligibility criteria of their acceptance. Accepted students must then complete an intake meeting with OMD and attend the OMD Scholar Orientation.
- OFFICIAL ACCEPTANCE – You’re a Partners in Education PLUS Scholar! Welcome to the Family!
For Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org