Resident Services can help you build wealth, buy a home or decrease your reliance on your housing subsidy.
Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) is a HUD program that enables families to build financial assets while working toward educational, professional, and personal goals.
The Choose to Own (CTO) Homeownership Program provides qualified public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) families with the opportunity to own a home. Through CTO, over 660 households have purchased their own home!
Child Tax Credit (NEW!)
Here is what you need to know:
- The Child Tax Credit provides major tax relief for nearly all working families. All working families will get the full credit if they make up to $150,000 for a couple or $112,500 for a family with a single parent (also called head of household).
- The Child Tax Credit has been expanded to $3,000 per child 6-17 years old and $3,600 per child under 6.
- Starting on July 15 and through the rest of the calendar year for 2021, payments will be monthly (via direct deposit for 80% of families and through the mail for the others) – at $250 per child between 6-17 or $300 per child under 6. Individuals will claim the other half when filing the 2021 income tax return.
- Families who did not file taxes last year use the IRS’s Child Tax Credit Non-filer Sign-up Tool to apply for the benefits.
- To learn more click on this link - childtaxcredit.gov which will allow families not automatically enrolled in the program to receive the Child Tax Credit. If you filed taxes in 2019 or 2020, you are automatically enrolled!
The money you receive for the Child Tax Credit does not count against your rent.
Check back here for more information on banking, savings and other investment options for you and your family!