CHA RESIDENTS COVERED BY RELOCATION RIGHTS CONTRACT 10/1/99
Former CHA residents who lived in CHA housing on October 1, 1999 (10/1/99) with a Relocation Rights Contract (RRC) with CHA, seeking to exercise their Right to Return can:
- Visit https://rrcpublicnotice.thecha.org/
- Call (312) 786-3104 with any additional questions
- Come to CHA’s Client Center at 60 E. Van Buren to speak with Resident Services staff
- Connect with the Program Specialist, Housing representing the property in which the relocatee household initially resided, see assignments here.
- Receive direct services and referrals through our FamilyWorks providers. Learn more here, and see which provider region to which you belong here.
- Centers for New Horizons: (773) 373-5700
- Employment & Employer Services: (312) 429-5930
- Metropolitan Family Services: (773) 371-3600
- Near West Side CDC: (312) 633-9217
- YWCA: (773) 825-2428
Note: This is not an opportunity for new applicants to apply for housing.
RIGHT TO RETURN HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES
Residents with a Right to Return have had the opportunity to relocate to several redeveloped CHA properties all across Chicago. See some of CHA's redevelopment work below in our gallery, and explore all Right to Return housing opportunities here:
As of March 31, 2021, CHA Residents Covered by the RRC:
- 62% Satisfied their Right to Return
- 2% Have not Satisfied and Await their Right to Return
- 19% Have an Option to Reinstate their Right to Return
- 17% Have Lost their Right to Return (Evicted, Non-Compliant with RRC Procedure, Deceased)
248 or 2% of CHA residents with a Right to Return are currently living in the following CHA and non-CHA housing: