Working With Development 

Back to main gallery

Developers and property owners can work with CHA in the following ways:

  • Capital loan with operating subsidy through the Mixed Finance Program. This is a typical structure for developments that are owned by the developer. This structure can also be used on other developments on CHA and non-CHA owned land, subject to HUD procurement and development requirements. Developers must be selected through a competitive process in order to apply for Mixed Financing.
  • Sale of residential property to CHA. In this structure, the developer facilitates all required capital improvements and then sells the units to CHA. There are no pre-selection requirements.
  • Rental assistance only through the Property Rental Assistance Program.  In this structure, the property is developer-owned and CHA enters into a long-term rental assistance contract with the owner for a specified number of units designated for public housing. There are no pre-selection requirements.

Interactive Opp/Gautreaux Map

Opportunity and Gautreaux Area Map (PDF)