FOR CHA SENIOR RESIDENTS & PARTICIPANTS IN ALL PROGRAMS
FLU SHOTS COMING TO LOCAL SENIOR CENTERS - SEPTEMBER 3, 2020
In partnership with Jewel-Osco Pharmacy, the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services is hosting flu immunization clinics at senior centers across Chicago. Seniors and their loved ones can get a flu shot with a valid health insurance card. Seniors without insurance also can get a flu shot at no cost. Flu shots will be administered by the Jewel-Osco Pharmacy Team.
- When: Thursday, September 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Find your closest and all locations listed HERE
- Details: Seniors are required to wear a cloth face covering and easy-access clothing for vaccine administration. They also can earn a coupon to save 10% on a grocery purchase at Jewel-Osco. More event details are available on Facebook at Facebook.com/ChiSeniorServices.
SENIOR SHOPPING HOURS
To assist in protecting against coronavirus, several retailers have created dedicated shopping hours for seniors to purchase groceries without crowds. This includes:
- Whole Foods: One hour before stores open every day
- Target: First hour of every Wednesday
- Jewel-Osco: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Mariano’s: 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. every day
- Walmart: One hour before stores open on Tuesdays
- Tony’s Fresh Market: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
FREE, CONTACTLESS PRESCRIPTION DELIVERY
CHA is excited to share a new resource, Capsule, an online pharmacy that provides free, same-day prescription medication delivery across all of Chicago, along with the greater Cook and DuPage Counties. Capsule’s online platform enables customers to use Capsule via mobile app or website so customers can chat in real time with a pharmacist, see the cost of their medications, and schedule free, same-day delivery. To get started, call or text 312-589-7620 or visit Capsule.com, or download the Capsule app on your mobile phone.
Capsule's free, same-day delivery is contactless. Learn more here.
FOR CHA SENIOR RESIDENTS
Resident Services offers a range of services and programs for seniors living in senior-designated housing and seniors living in family, mixed income and scattered sites developments. Services are designed to enhance seniors’ quality of life. Resident Service Coordinators and FamilyWorks providers offer assessment/referral services, assistance in applying for benefits and also plan social, health/wellness and educational activities. For more information contact your building or development’s Resident Service Coordinator in senior-designated properties or FamilyWorks provider in family, mixed income and scattered sites properties.
For general information about Senior Services please call the Senior Hotline at (312) 913-7164.
FOR SENIORS INTERESTING IN APPLYING FOR HOUSING THROUGH CHA
Please click here for information on housing for seniors or contact CHA’s Occupancy Department at (312) 913-7266.