Welcome! If you are a Resident Owned Business or Section 3 (S3) Business, a job seeker, or a CHA Vendor looking to post a job or find a subcontractor, you’ve come to the right place!
To get started, click here to register or access CHA’s Workforce Opportunity Portal. Once you’ve registered, bookmark the page so you can easily return to it to update your information.
Visit this page often to learn about services available to support you on your journey!
SUPPORT SERVICES FOR RESIDENTS SEEKING JOBS, VENDORS & S3 BUSINESS
The Workforce Opportunity Resource Center (WORC) within Resident Services at CHA streamlines employment opportunities for residents and low-income individuals and builds capacity for resident-owned businesses to develop and thrive.
The purpose is to serve Section 3-eligible residents and participants and Section 3 Businesses by providing the resources and tools needed for economic development and individual economic independence. The team also assists CHA vendors to comply with CHA’s Section 3 goals
NEW HUD SECTION 3 RULE
Compare HUD Section 3 old and new rule in Key Changes Chart here.
SECTION 3 PROGRAM RESOURCES
- Section 3 Worker Income Eligibility
- Doing Business with CHA: Section 3 Flyer
- Doing Business with the CHA
- WORC Services & Resources Flyer
- Section 3 FAQs
- How to become certified as a MWDBE (minority, women, disadvantaged business enterprises) business in Chicago [video]
WHAT IS A SECTION 3 BUSINESS, S3 WORKER AND A TARGETED S3 WORKER?
HUD has recently changed the definition of a Section 3 Business:
- At least 51% owned by a CHA resident(s) or HCV participant(s)
- At least 51% owned by a low-income person(s)
- A business where low-income persons make up a minimum of 75% of the labor hours
HUD defines a Section 3 Worker as:
Any worker who currently fits or when hired within the past five years fit at least one of the following:
- The worker’s income for the previous or annualized year is below the income limit established by HUD. ($61,800 for Chicago)
- The worker is employed by a Section 3 Business Concern
- The worker is a YouthBuild participant
HUD defines a Targeted Section 3 Worker as:
- A worker employed by a Section 3 Business Concern OR
- A worker who currently fits or when hired fit at least one of the following categories within the past five years:
- A resident of public housing or HCV;
- A resident of other public housing projects or Section 8 assisted housing managed by the PHA providing assistance; OR
- A Youthbuild worker
WHAT SUPPORT CAN WORC PROVIDE?
Workforce Opportunity Resource Center team provides training and resources, technical assistance and business development.
For additional employment programs, click here.
Charles A. Hayes Family Investment Center 4859 S. Wabash Ave. Chicago, IL 60615
Hours of Operations: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NEW NUMBER: Main Line 773-342-WORC (9672)
General Email: WORC@thecha.org
- Seeking an apprenticeship? Explore opportunities here.